Papers Published from Department of Medicine
- A.K.Sen, R.M. Doley, S. Kakati, published a paper entitled “ Emergence and challenges of Influenza A (H1N1) Infection”-Assam Journal of Internal Medicine, Official Journal of API, Assam Chapter, ISSN 2278-8239, July,2015, Vol-5, Issue:2 pg no: 24-28.
- P Dihingia, A.K. Pegu, MS Chaliha, KD Baruah, S Kar, GR Pramod, S Kakati, published a paper entitled “ Takayasu’s Disease-Spectrum of Manifestations-A Case Series”-Assam Journal of Internal Medicine, Official Journal of API, Assam Chapter, ISSN 2278-8239, July,2015, Vol-5, Issue:2 pg no: 29-32.
DR. R.K. KOTOKEY
- Dr. R. K. Kotokey, Professor, Deptt. of Medicine, published a paper on “High Sensitive C-Reactive Protein and its Association with Blood Pressure-A Hospital Based Study” International Journal of Basic & Applied Physiology, Vol-3, Issue-1, ISSN no. 2320-172X, pg -24-30.
- Dr. R.K. Kotokey, Professor, Deptt. of Medicine, published a paper on “Study of Cardiovascular manifestations in Hypothyroidism (Abstract), Indian Heart Journal, ISSN.0019-4832) Vol-66, supplement2, Nov,2014, P.S117
- Dr. R.K. Kotokey, Professor, Deptt. of Medicine, published an article entitled “Recent Advances in the Pathophysiology of Cardiac Muscle” in the Cardiology Update of Cardiological Society of India, Dec,2014 P.No. (1201-1203)
- Dr. R.K. Kotokey, Professor, Deptt. of Medicine, published a paper on “Pathogenesis and complications of Newly Diagnosed Type-2 Diabetes Mellitus, published in Medicine update, Association of Physicians of india, Assam Chapter, Chapter 42, Sec.-9, Vol-XVII, Year 14-15 (December), Pg. 249-253.
- Dr. R.K. Kotokey, Professor, Deptt. of Medicine, published a paper on “Biotechnology of Cardiac Prosthetic Valves”, Biofest @15, Biomedical Engineering and Biotechnology,6th -8th Feb,2015, p. 52-55
- Dr. R.K. Kotokey, Professor, Deptt. of Medicine, published a paper on “A Case of Invasive Mycosis Presenting with Cavernous Sinus Thrombosis”, Assam Journal of Internal Medicine, ISSN 2278-8239, January,2015, Vol-5, Issue:1, pg. 41-43
- Dr. R.K. Kotokey, Professor, Deptt. of Medicine, published a paper on “ A case report of Wilson’s Disease with Unusual Presentation” Indian Medical Journal , ISSN No. 0091-5871, 15th Dec,2014 (Supplementary), pg. no. 52(S)-53(S).
- Study of Prevalence of HBV and HCV Infection among Acute Viral Hepatitis Cases in Upper Assam. The Indian practitioner. Aug. 2008, vol.61, no. 8, p. 485-492.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia with Non-Specific Cutaneous Manifestation. Japi. September 2008; Vol. 56: 724-726.
- Prevalence of Hypertension in the Urban Population of Dibrugarh District of Upper Assam. Journal of Indian College of Cardiology, May-June, 2007.
- Serological and Therapeutic Evaluation of Neurocysticercosis in Patients with Ring Enhancing Lesions in CT Scan of Brain. The Indian Practioner, May, 2006; Vol. 59 (5): 285-290.
- Study of prevalence of CAD and Hypertension in Diabetic Urban Population of Dibrugarh town of Upper Assam, Indian Heart Journal, Sept-Oct 2008,102
- A Rare Cutaneous Manifestation of Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Journal of the Indian Medical Association. Vol. 107; No. 4, April 2009; P. 252.
- Study of Tuberculosis of Stomach: A Case Report. Bulletin of Life Sciences – A Research Journal of Life Science of Dibrugarh University. ISSN 0971-5746, 2006, Vol. XII: 102-107.
- A Study of Comparative Evaluation of Overlap Syndrome. Indian Journal of Dermatology. May, 2006; Vol. 50 (4): S60-S62.
- A Clinicoserological Evaluation of Neurocysticercosis in patients with Ring Enhancing Lesions in CT Scan of Brain, JAPI, May, 2006; Vol. 54: 366-370.
- Study of Efficacy of DOTS in Pulmonary Tuberculosis Patients with Associated Diabetes. Lung India, April-June, 2007, Vol. 24, No. 2, p. 58-60.
- Study of the peculiar characteristics of platelets in individuals from north-east India, Bulletin of the department of Anthropology, Dibrugarh University,ISSN 0976-2264,2010,vol. 38,p91-98.
- Cretinism…….A 25 year follow-up. Thyroid Image, Thyroid Research and Practice, Journal of the Indian Thyroid Society, ISSN-097.-0354, Sept-Dec 2006; 3:89-91
- Postprandial Hypertriglyceridemia, Carotid Intima Media Thickness in Type II Diabetes in Upper Assam. The Asian Journal of Diabetology, Dec., 2005; Vol. 7 (4): 33-36.
- "A Study of
Cardiovascular Manifestations in Systematic Lupus Erythematosus in Upper Assam" –in Journal
of Indian College of Cardiology (JICC), ISSN: 1561-8811, Feb,2012, Vol-2, No. 1; Pg- 29-32.
DR. B. N. Mahanta
International Journals (Indexed in Science direct)
- " Case series on Celiac Disease" - Assam Journal of Internal Medicine (Indexed in Index
- Bhupendra Narayan Mahanta, Bhabadev Goswami, Tulika Goswami Mahanta, Pronab Gogoi, Reeta Rasaily, Jagadish Mahanta. Risk factors for head and neck squamous cell carcinomas amongst patients attending a tertiary care centre of Assam, Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health Available online 27 July 2015.
International Journals (Indexed)
- Tulika Goswami Mahanta, Bhupendra Narayan Mahanta, Pronab Gogoi, Jenita Baruah., Dietary Diversity and its effect on anaemia prevalence amongst Tea Tribe adolescent girls in Dibrugarh district of Assam, India, South American Journal of Academic Research, Volume-2, Issue-1, 2015.
- Mahanta, B N Mahanta, P Gogoi, P Dixit, V Joshi. Anaemia, its determinants and effect of different interventions amongst tea tribe adolescent girls living in Dibrugarh district of Assam. Indian Journal of Community Health. 2014;26, Suppl S2:00-00.
- Presented as Guest Speaker on "Malarial guidelines for management" in annual conference of Association of Physicians of India North Bengal Chapter held in Siliguri
- Presented a paper on proportion of oesophageal cancer in persons with previous Head and neck cancer in Upper Assam in North East Gastro Meet held in Guwahati.
DR. Rima Moni Doley
Research Publications during the year
- Sen AK, Doley RM, Pandey AK: Scrub typhus: A re-emerging infectious disease. Association of Physicians of India, Assam Chapter. Medicine Update, Volue:XVII, Year: 2014-15.
- Sen AK, Doley RM, Dutta PK, Das D, Gogoi RR: ORTICLE ARTICLE: Urinary Tract Infection In Elderly-A Clinical ad Microbiological Study. (A Hospital Based Observational Study). Assam Journal of Internal Medicine. ISSN 2278-8239. Vol.: 4 Issue:2, July 2014.
- Doley RM, Sen AK, patil VV: A CASE REPORT: Acute Myeloid Leukemia: A Rare Cause of Prolonged Pyrexia of Unknown Origin in Elderly. Assam Journal of Internal Medicine. ISSN 2278-8239. Vol.:5 ISSUE:1, January 2015.
- Sen AK, Doley RM, Kakati S: Emergence and Challenge of Influenza (H1N1) Infection. Assam Journal of Internal Medicine. ISSN 2278-8239. Vol.:5 Issue:2, July2015
- Conference Attended:
- East Zone APICON held on 22nd and 23rd December, 2014, Railway Hospital, Maligaon, Assam, India
- Current Regulatory Requirements for Members of Institutional Ethics Commitee, Awareness Programme held on 25th and 26th March, 2015 at Assam Medical College & Hospital, Dibrugarh, Assam organized by Clinical Development Services Agency (CSDA), an extramural unit of Translation Health Science & Technology Institute (THSTI), Dept. of Biotechnology (DBT, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
- Programme for "Regional Consultative Seminar Cum Workshop on Swine Flue and other Emerging Infetious Disease" joint organized by NEC, Indian Academy of Respiratory Disease and Neigrihm, Shillong, India. Dated 24th and 25th April, 2015.
- Awards Achievement Received
- Certificate of Clinical Developen Services Agency (CSDA), and extramural unit of Translational Health Science & Technology Institute (THSTI), Dept of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt of India. An Awareness Programme held on 25th and 26th March, 2015 at Assam Medical College & Hospital, Dibrugarh, Assam, India.
DR. PRASANTA DIHINGIA
- A study of Rheumatological manifestations in Diabetes Mellitus (thesis) published in the Journal of American Diabetes Association June’2005, Volume-54, Supplement-1.
- A clinical study of pulmonary manifestations in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus with special reference to CT findings-published in the Indian Journal of Rheumatology 2007 December, Volume-2, Number 4, p. 133-136
- A case Report-Rhinoorbital mucormycosis was published in December 2007 in J.K. Science, Volume-9, Number-4, p. 191-196 (Journal of Medical Education and Research)
- "Chiari Malformation
Type1 Presenting with Sneeze Syncope" -Assam Journal of Internal Medicine in the October,
Dr. S.M. Baruah
- "Incidence of Hyper-tension
among the OPD attendance of AMCH"- Assam Journal of Internal Medicine, Vol-2, Issue-2,
Dr. R. K. Kotokey
- "Study of Insulin Resistance in Non-Diabetic Hypertensive Patients" –in Assam Journal of Internal Medicine, Oct,2011, Vol-1, Issue-1; Pg- 15-21.
- "A Study of risk factors for hypertension among the administrative staff of the industrial population of Upper Assam" - JICC (Journal of Indian College of Cardiology, ISSN: 1561-8811), Vol. 1, Issue 2, September 2011: Pg. 64-67.
Papers Pesented 2014-15
- Dr. R.K. Kotokey, Professor, Deptt. of Medicine, presented a paper on “Study of Cardiovascular manifestations in Hypothyroidism, presented in 66th Annual Conference of Cardiology Society of Indian, 4th -7th December,2014, Hyderabad, MPA 99.
- Dr. R.K. Kotokey, Professor, Deptt. of Medicine, presented a paper on “Clinical and Etiological Study of Atrial Fibrillation” in APICON (Assam)-2014 and 4th Eastern Zonal Conference of API, Guwahati,2013-14 (December)
- Dr. R.K. Kotokey, Professor, Deptt. of Medicine, presented a paper on “The Problem of HIV/AIDA related stigma and Discrimination” in the 7th National Conference of AIDS Society of India held at Kolkota from 12th -14th December,2014.
- Dr. R.K. Kotokey, Professor, Deptt. of Medicine, presented a paper on “A Clinical Study on Prevalence of Metabolic Syndrome in stroke patients in Northeast India” , in National Endrocine Congress, 44th ESICON-2014 from 14th to 16th November, 2014 at Chandigarh.
Chairmanship and chaired a session 2014-15
Miscellaneous a session 2014-15
- Prof. R.K. Kotokey Chaired a session in 8th National Conference on Indian Academy of Topical Parasitology, TROPACON 2014, organised by RMRC/Dibrugarh from 20th -22nd November,2014.
Research projects Undertaking/Ongoing
- Title “A study on hyperuricemic patients presenting as Gout with or without Diabetes and Renal involvement”. – as a Co-investigator under ICMR
- “Registry of people with Diabetes in India with Young Age at the Onset” a task force Research Project under ICMR-The first phase is going to be completed in the month of June,2011. The second phase will start from July, 2011. – Dr. S. Kakati, Professor of Medicine, AMCH, Dibrugarh
- “Longitudinal analysis of changes in cytokine profile of malaria patients at different stages of treatment and disease resolution” a joint collaboration research project with the department of Biotechnology Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi and Tezpur University, funded by DBT. – Dr. S. Kakati, Professor of Medicine, AMCH, Dibrugarh
- “A preliminary investigation into immunogenetic markers of SLE in population of Assam-Pilot study” collaborative study with RMRC, Lahowal and Tezpur University. – Dr. S. Kakati, Professor of Medicine, AMCH, Dibrugarh
- Interstroke study (case central on stroke) is on going under SJRI, Bangalore- AIDS from ICMR – Dr. B.N. Mahanta, Assoc Prof. of Medicine, AMCH, Dibrugarh.
- Study on metabolic syndrome in a targeted population is accepted by ICMR & in the process of receiving funding – AIDS from ICMR – Dr. B.N. Mahanta, Assoc Prof. of Medicine, AMCH, Dibrugarh.
- Incidence of Toxic Acute liver failure following Herbal medication in Dibrugarh District- AIDS from ICMR, on going work – Dr. K. Saikia, Asstt. Prof. of Medicine,; Dr R.K. Kotokey, Prof. & Head, Deptt. of Medicine,; Dr. S.M. Baruah, Asstt. Prof. of Medicine, AMCH, Dibrugarh
- Inspire stroke registry (St. John’s research institute) enrollment completed. Follow up at 6 (six) months ongoing.- Dr. B.N. Mahanta, Assoc Prof. of Medicine, AMCH, Dibrugarh.
- Prevalence of diabetic retinopathy in Urban areas of Dibrugarh District- A community based study - Dr Mitali Baruah, Assoc Prof. of Ophthalmology; Dr. R.K. Kotokey, Prof. & Head. Deptt of Medicine (Under ICMR)
- "Registry of People with Diabetes in India with Young Age at the Onset" Prof. S. Kakati, as Principal Investigator., Co – Investigator : Dr. P. Dihingia, Assoc. Prof. of Medicine Dr.(Mrs) U.R. Pegu, Asstt. Prof. of Medicine Dr. S.M. Baruah, Asstt. Prof. of Medicine
- "Evaluation of safety and immunogenicity of a single dose of live attenuated Japanese Encephalities Vaccine SA-14-14-2 in adults in Assam" Prof. S. Kakati, as P.I.
- "A study on eco-epidemiological perspectives of emerging West Nile virus in Assam" - Prof. S. Kakati, as P.I.
- "To determine Oesophageal cancer in patients with (previous) head and neck cancer in upper Assam" - Dr .B.N. Mahanta, Assoc. Prof. of Medicine as P.I.
- "Incidence of Toxic Acute liver failure following herbal medication at Dibrugarh District" Dr. S.M. Baruah, Asstt. Prof. of Medicine as P.I., Co-P.I.- Prof. R.K. Kotokey
- "A study of Cardiovascular risk factor assessment in young adult of urban and rural popular of Dibrugarh District " - Dr. P.K. Dutta, Asstt. Prof. of Medicine as P.I.
- "Association of Micro albumina, HS CRP with Acute Myocardeal infarction with or without Diabetes." - Dr. S.M. Baruah, Asstt. Prof. of Medicine as Co- P.I.