CITIZEN CHARTER OF ASSAM MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL, DIBRUGARH
Welcome to ASSAM MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL, DIBRUGARH, the First Medical College of North-Eastern region. ASSAM MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL, DIBRUGARH is committed to provide quality services and medical care to each and every citizen coming to us. In line with our mandate, we, at ASSAM MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL, DIBRUGARH, strive hard to provide comprehensive, high quality tertiary care services to our users. However, there may be some deficiencies inherent in a Medical College.
This charter seeks to provide a frame work, which enables our users to know:-
- The services available in this hospital.
- The quality of services they are entitled to.
- The means through which complaints regarding denial or poor quality of services will be redressed.
Assam Medical College and Hospital is located at Barbari, Dibrugarh, PIN- 786002.
NUMBER OF BEDS, DOCTORS, NURSES ETC.
The hospital has a total of 1365 beds (including Emergency Ward).
There are 377 doctors (excluding Jr. Residents).
ENQUIRY AND INFORMATION ABOUT ASSAM MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL, DIBRUGARH
Central Enquiry & Registration office is located in the old OPD Complex
Registration Counters, Enquiry counters and help desk are available.
Twenty Four hour pharmacy and Medical Record are stationed at the Casualty Department.
Website - www.assam medical college.in.
Casualty numbers – 0373-2300627 (round the clock)
Fax No. 0373-2300080 (Office time)
Patients should register themselves with the Medical Record Department at registration counter. This entitles them for doctors consultations, certain basic investigations, life saving medicines and surgical items, diet, linen, I.V. fluids etc. common drugs/ medication are available with the Central Medical Store’s & Dispensary.
All in-patients receive treatment by team of Doctors and Nurses, available round the clock, under the supervision and guidance of respective departments of ASSAM MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL, DIBRUGARH.
Hospital Attendants are available in different wards to help in patient care and related activities.
Indoor services have portable X-ray machines, ECG services, Generator back up, emergency lights etc.
Waste disposal is done as per the established rules (Biomedical waste management and handling rules) and utmost care is taken to keep the premises neat and clean. The Biomedical Waste Management Committee looks after the proper functioning of the BMW. Every inpatient is provided with one attendant pass. The visitors are allowed only during notified visiting hours i.e. 5:00 AM to 7:00 AM ,12:00 Noon to 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
Special Investigations like USG, CT, MRI other medical investigations are charged as per the rates approved by Government of Assam and revised from time to time. For very poor patients having BPL card, on recommendation of treating Doctor, the hospital charges are waived by concerned authority and drugs/surgical items are provided by the hospital. You may contact Hospital Superintendent in this regard. Bed linen is changed at the time of admission, thereafter charged whenever required. Food is served three times a day under supervision of dietician along with tea in the morning. Short Admissions requiring stay for less than 24 hours are done for minor illness/some investigations/Interventions. Day care facility is available for certain types of operations and blood transfusion, endoscopies and similar interventions.
The institute has 12 Nos of fully equipped modern Air-conditioned of Operation Theatres, where all kinds of major and minor surgeries are performed. One of the major development is the establishment of Cathlab & open heart surgery facilities in AMC, Dibrugarh.
For routine surgeries, the respective departments maintain waiting list. Patients are called and operated upon as per the waiting list. But, in case of emergencies/urgencies, the out of turn surgeries are also performed, at the discretion of the treating doctors and patients condition.
The hospital has ICU to provide advance ICU care. The facility of ICCU, ICU, PICU, NICU are available in the AMC premises. Sufficient beds as per norms are available with adequate man power to provide best of services.
- 24 hour Laboratory service is available throughout the year for all emergency Biochemical, Microbiological, Pathological investigations. The time for collecting samples from indoor/outdoor patients is between 8 A.M to 2 P.M. During this period the samples are collected by the laboratory technicians posted in the Central Collection Centre for the purpose. For the rest of the time between 2 P.M to 8 A.M, samples are collected by the Technician/ trainees under supervision on duty in their respective wards or Advanced Clinical Biochemistry Laboratory.
- All type of routine and special investigations incl. Biochemical, Microbiological, Pathology and immunological studies are done at ASSAM MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL, DIBRUGARH.
- Establishment of BSL-3 Laboratory and Virology Laboratory with financial help from Dept, of Biotechnology (DBT), GOVT. Of India.
- Establishment of Multidisciplinary Research Laboratory with financial support from Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) of Rs 6 cores which was inaugurated on 11thMay/2013 by Dr. V. M. Katoch, Director General ICMR. Today This Laboratory is not only working as hub for research activities in AMCH but also initiate dissemination of knowledge among young medical faculties and PG students by organizing various workshops . This Laboratory is also equipped with 2 Research scientists and few Lab technicians giving their services in various medical research fields.
- Dept, of Microbiology attained a significant milestone by getting certificate of accreditation from National Accreditation Board for Laboratory Testing and Calibration (NABL). In public sector, AMCH is the second institute in India to get this certificate (first one being the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh).
ASSAM MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL, DIBRUGARH has a State-of-the-Art- Model Blood Bank that functions 24 hours a day and provides facilities for blood donation, storage and issue of blood. If your patient requires blood transfusions, then you are requested to arrange healthy blood donors for donating blood in order to reduce shortfall in shortage of blood. Blood donation camps are held from time to time with help from NGOs.
Ambulance facility is available to transfer patients from ward to ward.
CASUALTY AND EMERGENCY SERVICES
Casualty is close to the gate of campus of AMC in the ground floor of Emergency Block. Signage is present to mark the location. These services are available 24 hour a day. Anyone with urgent medical problem can seek consultation/treatment in the Casualty after 2 P.M. Emergency/Casualty ward including 25 beds to admit patients who require observation are equipped with modern gadgets & equipments e.g. monitors, defibrillators, nebulizers; O2 suction.
If Doctors decide that you need urgent medical intervention, you will be registered at the casualty registration counter and proper medical care will be provided promptly. Casualty has dedicated team of Doctors (Casualty Medical Officers from major specialties i.e. Medicine, Surgery, Orthopedics & Pediatrics) and Junior Residents, Nurses, Paramedics etc. to provide urgent medical services.
We endeavor to provide medical care (incl. Investigation & treatment) at the earliest possible time. However, in view of extreme workload in casualty those cases that are not so urgent may have to wait for some time. The treating doctors will call any specialist/super-specialist, who is available on call for urgent consultation as and when required.In serious cases treatment/management gets priority over paper work like Registration/Medico-Legal requirements.
All emergency investigations like Blood Biochemistry, ECG, USG, X-ray, CT Scan, MRI etc. are available for patients attending casualty.
Facilities like Wheel Chairs & patient trolleys are available at the entrance of the casualty.
COMPLAINTS AND GRIEVANCES
There may be occasions when our services are not up to your expectations. Please do not hesitate to register your complaints. It will only help us to serve you better. You may lodge your complaints to the Hospital Superintendent. Every complaint will be duly acknowledged and sincere attempt will be made to solve your problem.
OUT PATIENT DEPARTMENT (OPD) SERVICES
Out Patients are consulted at the OPD complex in the main hospital building. OPD Timings: 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
OPD Card costing Rs. 5/- can be purchased from main counter, OPD ground floor. After this, you should get yourself registered at the counter of respective OPDs. Patients are seen on first come first serve basis. However, out of turn consultation may be provided in case of emergency or to senior citizens.
Investigations: After OPD consultation, the treating doctor will fill up the requisition forms for various investigations & direct/guide you to the concerned lab /dept. Sample collection centre for Blood, Urine, Stool etc. – are done at Central Collection Centre near ART Centre.
Patients should deposit the money for investigation only at the designated hospital Cash counters and should obtain the proper receipt.
Due to heavy work load, waiting period exists for certain investigations like CT, USG, MRI etc. Patients are given future dates by the concerned departments. However, these may be done out of turn in urgent situations, on recommendation of the treating doctor.
Many facilities are provided at OPD level e.g. ECG, Plaster, Injection and Immunization, Contraception and MTP Services, Minor Surgical Intervention, Endoscopy etc.
The decision to admit a patient rests with the treating doctor. The patient will be admitted only if a vacant bed is available. But, in case of emergency, out of turn admission may be done.
Wheel chairs, patient trolleys etc. are available free of charge at the entrance of OPD. OPDs have respective waiting hall with chairs.
You should park your vehicle in the designated parking only.
To meet day-to-day needs of patients, there is canteen. For the physically disabled, there is provision of ramp in the hospital building, on request in the reception counter, wheel chair shall be made available.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF USERS
- The success of this charter depends on the support we receive from our users.
- Please try to appreciate the various constraints under which the hospital is functioning. On an average, more than 1300 patients attend the OPD & 220 patients are admitted daily.
- Please obey the rules and regulations inside the hospital premises.
- Please do not cause inconvenience to other patients by crowding or making noise unnecessarily.
- Please help us in keeping the hospital and its surroundings neat and clean.
- Please don't argue with security guards, show your passes when asked for & help in maintaining the order and peace inside the hospital premises.
- Please use the facilities of this hospital with care and do not damage/ spoil hospital property.
- Beware of Touts & unauthorized persons. Don't indulge in any money transactions with them.
- The Hospital is a No Smoking and No Tobacco Zone. Please don't use any tobacco product inside hospital.
- Please do not chew betel-nut and spit inside the hospital campus.
- Please provide useful feedback and constructive suggestions. These may be addressed to the Medical Superintendent of the Hospital.